Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
416 Posts
Ed,

In years past I had similar success witht the smallies. I've held back from travelling to Pueblo primarily because of the negative reports I've been reading regarding low water levels and its impact on fishing. Ongoing road construction southbound on I-25 and longer travel delays helped to break the camels back. I remember having days where I catch 50 or more smallies on a given weekend and bonus walleyes prior to the drought. It sounds like the lake may be on an up swing. Outside Aurore Res here in the Denver area, Pueblo was my goto lake.

How often do you fish it, and do you feel you're seening improvement?

Pete

· Registered
416 Posts
Agreed, summer time can be an inferno at Pueblo. I think you may be right on the slot limit, there are way too many small smallmouths in this lake. I've only caught a few largemouth bass at Pueblo; any idea why there is such a disparity between the two?

· Registered
416 Posts
Great point Dan. With all that new cover being submerged and the abundant plant and insect insect life the lake would go into high gear... just hope I'm still alive to see it a full pool.

Thanks for the follow-up up Ed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.