Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took out three customers from Missouri yesterday. They had never fished for walleyes before so that is what we targeted. Fishing most of the day sucked and the heat and wind were just miserable!! We only had one 12 lb carp and some bass to show for by about 2:00. The wind finally subsided and i was able to get my boat up on a shallow ledge I like. We caught about two dozen eye's the last two hours and they went home happy, which was a big relief to me!

Nothing worked yesterday that has been producing all spring. What we finally did was pull a whole crawler on a two hook harness with no blade and that was what they wanted. Leave your leeches at home if you go down! For some reason they are no longer working for me anywhere? Water level was about the same. If you can find any kind of mud line right now when it is windy fish it!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Hey Neal,

I was wondering, what do you do if you take customers out and have a really bad day of fishing? Do you try and give them any kind of consideration?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Neal,

I was wondering, what do you do if you take customers out and have a really bad day of fishing? Do you try and give them any kind of consideration?
It is kind of a work in progress, this is my first season? I have been fortunate that fishing has been really good all season so far! I am not like Bernie who is booked all the time either! If it was really bad or the weather just made it impossible i would just reschedule a make good day. I could of easily called yesterday because of the weather but we fished from 6 am to almost 6 pm to get it done. I was so dehydrated and exhausted when I got home last night I really felt sick. That said i love being on the water and i think my clients know I busted my ass yesterday!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Hey Neal,

Most freshwater guides, at least the ones I have talked to, will take the group or person out again if they aren't able to get them onto fish.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most freshwater guides, at least the ones I have talked to, will take the group or person out again if they aren't able to get them onto fish.
Yeah if someone were to get skunked, (and it can happen to anyone) then that would be the right thing to do!

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Fished Crack the other day till 2pm, man that heat was miserable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts