Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I want to explain that my girlfriend has a 5 pixel digital camera (I should know I gave it to her) but she is smart enough NOT to let me take it in the boat. "Cause I'd get it wet or break it or it would go overboard so........you're just gonna have to believe my report ...or not.

It was a real good day-wipers early (no big ones) and then I fished for the smallmouth for a few hrs. then the wind picked up so I started throwing the crank for the wipers again. Had about 8-9 wipers on but only got three in which is my fault for not changing out the hooks on my crank. Broke one off which is also my fault for fishing a 6 lb. leader on 4/10 fireline. Lost my favorite crank on that one and I'm still sore about that. :mad:

Water temo was right at 70. There are quite a few guys out there casting for the wipers. Saw alot a shad balls and like every fall, I keep a close eye on what the birds are doing (got my binoculars).

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice post
i need to get into some of them wipers

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
roadkill-The next 3-4 weeks are gonna be prime. 8)

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i may just have to choke down that "entry fee" and stop missing out on the action

were those shad balls on the surface or meter marks?

F

·
0 Posts
On the camera thing ...I've lost 3...im on my fourth ...it sucks but I love taking pics of fish ......Would you recomend fishing there from shore ?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never fished Pueblo from shore so I really can't say-it has good access and alot of guys fish cut shad for the wipers.

I saw alot of boils early in the AM but alot of guys were complaining the wipers seemed fussy-one guy was throwing a pop-r or a chug bug right into the boils but only one hook-up. Usually you can throw just about anything. All my wipers came in 10 ft or less-in fact they seemed to like it better when the crank was ticking the bottom.

·
Registered
44 Posts
fishinguitars said:
On the camera thing ...I've lost 3...im on my fourth ...it sucks but I love taking pics of fish ......Would you recomend fishing there from shore ?
I fish Pueblo from the shore and I do pretty good on the Smallies,but have only caught a few wiper from the shore. I mostly use a tube jig with an 1/8 ounce head. I was there last Monday and caught 6 in 2 hrs. Mostly on the small side but I have caught some biggun's. They were mostly on the main lake points but did get 2 on a secondary point.,North shore area.I pick up the occational Walleye that way too. 4 inch plasic worms with red in it or 3" yamamoto grubs take a lot of fish too.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Great info Spudman!

Welcome and dont be a stranger!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
if you all keep catch fish at pueblo i may just have to go fish there.

which marina is the better one to start at the north or south they are both about the same distance for me

welcome spudman thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd say north marina-the north shore of the lake has good access-there are places you can drive down to the lake on the north side every 1/4 mile or so. I'd just pick a point.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like the north shore area for its acess too,it also has lots of pionts and bluffs to work. The south shore area seems to hold more Walleyes from the shore. I've done well there when the water was churned up by fishing the mud line. The area between the south marina and the dam has lots of gravel banks,I fish the mud line there. Thats where the red 4" worms come in handy, motor oil works well too.

F

·
0 Posts
thanks spud ....looks like we've got another knowledgeable fisherman on the forum .....

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i ment for launching a boat and fishing from it would it be better to launch at the north or south

thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts