Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught just one wiper but it was a good one-23". Caught alot of spots and smallies and a couple were 14" and real fat-they are feasting on the shad. And I got two walleye-both were like most Pueblo walleye-under the limit.

The bite for wipers just wasn't on today-tried early and then right before I left-there were 4-5 boats out there fishing for them but I only saw one other one caught. Maybe it was the front that came thru last night?

Water temp was 68-69 which is down a degree from last week. If I got one piece of advice its to key on the windy points. The wind came up about 10 and the fish just stacked up on all the points feasting on those shad. I've been throwing small cranks that look just like the shad and when the wind comes up its hard to fish that senko anyway.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Were you targetting wiper or just kind of fishing for everything? I usually dont do well at pueblo but Im shore fishing so it looks like you had a fine day to me.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually get there at O dark thirty and fish for the wipers til about 8, then switch over to the smallies and spots. Unless the wiper bite is on, then I'll fish for them all morning.

I haven't seen alot of boils so far this fall.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I fished Pueblo today (9/19)from the shore ,started on the north shore at about 6:30 am. Fished there until 8 am and got skunked. I moved over to the south shore and fished the main lake points east of the south marina. I caought about 6 Smallies 2 were about 11-12" the rest were much smaller. Fished till 10:30 am.I caught all the Smallies on a tube jig. I saw people fishing closer to the dam in a group of vehicles by the water,must have been the guys from the eailier post. Slow day,I was going to go to the Valco ponds but opted for Pueblo res. I wonder how Valco ponds are fishing? Anybody been there lately?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts