Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
met coleman and his dad at the dock at 6am and we headed out to catch the top water wipers. the lake was calm and not a wiper could be seen. after an hour of blind casting we started trolling, trolled till after 10am and got back to the wiper spot and the topwater bite was on fire at 10;45 till 12:30 we found the right lure after a few minutes coleman was on the bow and had the best shot at them. he landed 4 and broke one off and missed a few, i landed 1 and missed many, colemans dad only managed a smb. we came in for lunch, then we met our friend george from the CWA and took him out in the rain at 3pm. the storm put the fish down and george caught a nice smb, and i got the walleye skunk out of the boat with a 12 inch eye. then we came off the lake at about 7:30 pm

score for today
5 wipers
5 SMB
3 spots
1 eye

·
Registered
490 Posts
Re: pueblo 9/22 awesome 1 3/4 wiper top water bite

A good day in my book! I still haven't made it up your way to fish the res. Maybe in a few weeks I will be blessed with some "free time"?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Dang Byron,
I guess next year I need to fish that reservoir more. You guys have been having a great year down there, hope it carries over to slab season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts