Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A great fall type day-not too hot. And not much boat traffic. Water temp was 71-74. Caught smallmouth and spots on a senko and a crank. Most times of the year I don't have much luck with a crank but in the fall when they start chasing shad-it's on.

Balls of shad are showing up on the surface all over the lake-they are about 1 1/2-2" long so put on a small shad colored crank. I talked to the guy who runs the north marina store-he told me they have been catching alot of cats down at the sailboard beach at night.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Macgyver-I think we were posting at the same time. Pueblo is doing fine and it will just get better from here on out.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
KIRBYDOG.

What ive heard about that guy at the marina.. " Ive heard he'll tell a story to get you hoping.. " I personally think the best time for CATS there is early in the morning an hour before sunrise.

steve

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mbutt-I'm sure part of his job is to tell you how good the fishing is but he's never tried to sell me anything and he does put two rods out every night off the docks (not legal but like he said its employee priviledge ::)). He fishes with those plastic noodle things and skirts cheddar-bacon flavored cheese whiz up inside-says thats the best overall bait he's found although he does fish with cut bait. IMHO he knows his stuff and I believe him when he says fishing for cats is good down at sailboard flats-he agrees with you that the best fishing is right before dark and early morning.

There are store owner/operators that I absolutely DO NOT believe-the 11 Mile general store for instance.

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I hear you! The dude at the 11-mile store told me there were flathead and blue catfish in there, only after I mentioned I fished almost exclusively for cats and carp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts