Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Pueblo again today..It wasn't as warm as predicted..and I got pretty wet during that early hour and a half thunderstorm that wasn't supposed to hit until 5:00 PM..Didn't like the lightning especially when my line started flying like a kite string for about ten minutes...lifting the line about ten to fifteen feet above the water and holding it there. But, still a fun day..water temps up to 58 degrees. Quite a few fish..walleyes, smallmouths and another crappie...but didn't keep count..

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Nice haul mr wilson!!!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Any tips? Hope I don't have to troll all day!
Leave your boards and trolling rods at home. I'm not saying you can't catch fish trolling...and I understand that a guy fishing walleye tournaments needs that skill set..trolling cranks and bottom bouncers..etc. But, just take the day and have fun fishing. Trust your electronics..Don't fish unless you find fish..Doesn't have to be a lot of fish on the finder..a quick two..three show up..stop anchor lock and cast. The schools will be bigger than what's seen on the finder. If you have wind..fish the side of the lake the winds blowing into..water's been rising...What's that do to the fish? Think about what they're doing right now as they transition from the back of coves to main lake flats and humps. Maybe spend the day casting plastics. Cast and jig...maybe leave any bait at home. Just spend the day fishing and learning the lake and the catching will take care of itself.

Just some suggestions..I know everyone has a preferred method of fishing.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Thanks! I jigged and rigged all day Friday but didn't catch anything until moved out after suspended fish. Hopefully they'll be on structure today? Launching now.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
ive told the story of my line doing the same thing to many fisherman. I think you are the only other person who would believe me.

Is that just static electricity?

I dropped my rod and ran the hell away, to the ranger station. I was young and had recently witnessed a tree get struck and split in half by lightning. I had a healthy fear.

Nice work on the eyes, Dave!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah Sean..definitely electricity in the air. Kind of freaks you out..you cast fifty feet of line out on the water with a 3/8ths jig and plastic on the end..jig sinks and yet the entire length of line is floating ten to fifteen feet up in the air and staying there.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Yeah Sean..definitely electricity in the air. Kind of freaks you out..you cast fifty feet of line out on the water with a 3/8ths jig and plastic on the end..jig sinks and yet the entire length of line is floating ten to fifteen feet up in the air and staying there.
Would like to see that!!

But only in a video....

Nice job Hobie, you da man!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Another daily bag! :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts