Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Having grown up in Aurora but then living elsewhere until I retired I am still amazed at all the night fishermen here on the site. It is something I never thought about as it was a no-no in many of the states where I've lived during my military career. I suppose I already know the answer and where to look but perhaps some will cut me a break..... Which waters allow night fishing and are there waters in the state that don't allow it?

Anyway - nice fishies there Bob.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Having grown up in Aurora but then living elsewhere until I retired I am still amazed at all the night fishermen here on the site. It is something I never thought about as it was a no-no in many of the states where I've lived during my military career. I suppose I already know the answer and where to look but perhaps some will cut me a break..... Which waters allow night fishing and are there waters in the state that don't allow it?

Anyway - nice fishies there Bob.
Aurora and Quincy are closed at night, there are a lot of smaller bodies of water that are closed at night too it just depends. Chatty, Creek, and Pueblo are 3 of the main ones people fish at night, I would say more bodies of waters allow night fishing than those that don't

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice catches. My family and I were out yesterday and got nothing. We have a boat but my skills are lacking. Hope to get some pointers that help us land some wipers like this or some nice walleye. Nice work!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flooded trees cast move cast cast and cast some more. Fished all day didnt find em til evening

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
very NICE Bob, love wiper!!! Thx for sharing!!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks the big one was nine lbs. My brother got three all around four lbs we both kept one smaller wiper and a keeper eye the big wipes still swimming

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice fishes!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Nice Wipes man!! Think I have fished more at night the past few years than during the day. Just when everyone else is getting off the water, I'm just getting goin' :thumb: Generally the only one on the water too..

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Awesome! looks bigger than 9

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Nice Wiper! I was down there Friday practicing for the tournament and took break and motored down to Turkey creek. There was a big school of something off the mouth of Turkey Creek suspended fro 15 to 25 deep. I wondered if they were Wipers? Seems everything started biting on Friday!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts