Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bud and I went to Pueblo this pass Sunday. Went over to the state wildlife area on the NW side. Fish artificial for about 45 minutes, nada. Water very murky and trashy.

Then went o Brushhollow. Water level has to be 40 to 50' down. Was over on the SE side, near the water inlet. Caught 1 trout about 10 " nothing else. Saw one legal small mouth caught that was it. Nobody else was doing any good. If the Mountains are low on snow pack, Brush hollow will be hurting.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
There are no smallmouth in Brush Hollow-those are largemouth.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Skaguay, down Beaver Cr.

·
Registered
121 Posts
There are small mouth there not alot when they drained the lake there were some smallies left in the lake so they may be making a comeback.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
When they drained the lake for repairs on the dam it went completely dry-I drove down there and watched them working on the new dam once or twice. There used to be pike in that lake too. But there was absolutely no water. Don't believe me, call the DOW.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I never did go out there but that is what I was told by several people that is was never drained all the way just enough to repair the dam but if you checked it out and was there then I believe you thanks for getting that straight.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ive caught tons of fish out of brush hollow and havnt seen a smallie yet, i have had fisher man show me good sized green sunfish saying they were smallies. next time one of you folks catch a smallie at the hollow it would be nice if you could post a pic, might get me motivated to keep trying for them

M

·
0 Posts
I think Brush Hollow will be a alright this spring, because the mountains already have a record snowpack.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Mustang said:
I think Brush Hollow will be a alright this spring, because the mountains already have a record snowpack.
The central and northern mtns already have a record snow pack. I believe that the southern part of the state is way below average. Doesn't the water for Brush Hollow come from the southern drainage?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Yes it does-Beaver Cr portion of the Arkansas drainage. And snowpack for southern drainages is below average-80-90% of normal the last figures I saw. We need a wet spring.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Most of the water from Brush Hollow comes from Skaguay and Beaver Creek via an irrigation ditch. Skaguays about two foot down this winter. Not much snow on Pikes Peak this year. I'd say not much water for Brush Hollow unless the snow starts to fly in the next couple of weeks. I plan on going there in a week or two with Dad in the boat.

F

·
0 Posts
I was on brush hollow on Sat. (11th) putzing aroung the lake looking for fish on the finder... Saw the most around the waterfall and around that rock face on the SE side. Also saw a few fish everytime i crossed over the concrete thing going into the water from the dam. Most were on bottom, saw a few small schools suspended. I saw people catching some small trout from shore. Are there walleye in there?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yes there are walleye in there, and some good ones at that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts