Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
so fisher32 you have caught blues out of pueblo.?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The only thing I caught out of that lake was big wipers and decent LMB.

I love cat fishing but I usually target them fish in Nebraska and Kansas. I would like to catch 1st time flat though.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Fisher32 said:
Honetly the biggest cat I've seen out of there was around 25 lbs. Blues head was bigger than mines. It was caught on 8 lb test 5 1/2 ft Ugly Stick using crayfish by the south east beach. Any how maybe one of these years someone will catch cats over 100lbs from there. That lake definitely has the potential for big fish. I've mark some really big fish in there in the past, wonder what they were. Maybe 50lb carps. ???
so the one you mention, was one that you saw though and could confirm it was a blue?
the reason i ask is that i had heard they never stocked blues. i dont doubt that some bucket biologist may have put a few blues in there at some point

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
so the one you mention, was one that you saw though and could confirm it was a blue?
the reason i ask is that i had heard they never stocked blues. i dont doubt that some bucket biologist may have put a few blues in there at some point
I don't mean to stir up any confusion but I know they did'nt stock any blues in that lake. Only channels. But I'm quite sure it was a blue that my friend caught. We were fishing for wipers that night. His baby pole was out not to far. We figured it was just another big wiper at first. Turned out to be a big blue when he surfaced. First cat I've seen outta there and not to mention it was a blue. I told him to frame it but a week later his ma ate it. I don't talk to him any more because we don't work together any more. But I'm sure he would of said the same thing. You would have to see it to belive it, I know. I'm the same way. No hard feeling attttttt all Roadkill.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
cool thats good to hear if theres 1 there are probably more and who knows how long they been in there could be some fatties

thanks

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I was abducted by aliens when I was a small child. I got the anal probe and they put a chip in my head. I'm OK now.

Oh, and there are blues in Pueblo. ::)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I dive regularly in Chatfield, and although I am not sure of the clarity of Pueblo, I can tell you from my exprience at chatfield, at 25 feet there is less than 6" of visibility. As for depths over 50 ft. The visibility is 0!!!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Wheelman said:
I dive regularly in Chatfield, and although I am not sure of the clarity of Pueblo, I can tell you from my exprience at chatfield, at 25 feet there is less than 6" of visibility.  As for depths over 50 ft.  The visibility is 0!!!!

I've seen shows of people diving well over 25' in the great lakes and thier cameras clearly see more than 12'. I'm a smokeaholic so I can't tell you from my experience. The only diving I do is off a board into a pool. But judging that CF is algae invested some times with poor water clearity I believe see your statement. Every lake is different i think. I'm not an expert so I'll just shoot my self rite now. I===> :p

Like I said before PUEBLOS BELIEVE IT OR NOT I should start a poll on this subject. Just curious to see how many idiots like me are out there who believe. ;D ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
hey wheelman you got any dive time deeper than 100' im looking for someone to hit pueblo

turbidity can cut vis real quick and real bad, it doesnt always stop the light i have been on dives where from 10' down to 70' the vis was less than 5' then boom you hit the cline and drop out of the muck into like 20' plus vis its kind gloomy but still decent vis and the an 8-D UK could light the dark side of the moon anyway

41 - 49 of 49 Posts