Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took a ride down to the lake today, the water is still 20 feet low but it is gaining a little each week. the ice is receding now, midway island is open and the west boat ramps have open water. from there to gravel pit is ice but looks like the wind today will take some of that out. turkey creek looks solid. there was a big sea gull feed going on, reminded me of the old days and wiper boils, didnt see any fish action but i bet there was something under the gulls. it looks kind of grim as to the water levels this year with it being so dry out east. fishing for walleyes will be good as the fall gill net s showed tha the walleyes make uo over 60% of the bio mass in the lake. wipers were down to 4% this last fall. the good news is that we will be stocking more wipers this year, so in about 3 years they will be keepable size

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Thanks for the report. Maybe one day this year ill go down there and give the lake a shot.... Havent fished pueblo in over 15 years.....

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Thanks for the update, you are the second person to talk about those gulls this week.

walleye seeker said:
wipers were down to 4% this last fall. the good news is that we will be stocking more wipers this year, so in about 3 years they will be keepable size
I wish peeps wouldn't keep so many, so that percentage wouldn't get there to begin with... The limit is absolutely stupid.. I think the limit should be 2.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Oyey said:
Thanks for the update, you are the second person to talk about those gulls this week.

walleye seeker said:
wipers were down to 4% this last fall. the good news is that we will be stocking more wipers this year, so in about 3 years they will be keepable size
I wish peeps wouldn't keep so many, so that percentage wouldn't get there to begin with... The limit is absolutely stupid.. I think the limit should be 2.
What about upping the numbers of stripers stocked, and introducing white bass? Put a tight limit on the stripers since they take a while to get big and they can spawn naturally... Which is what theyll do in the arkansas.

In other states wipers are like striped rats. Retardedly easy to catch.. im sure soonerfisher knows what im talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts