Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather was HOT this past weekend but so was the fishing.  Of 61 teams, Saturday 43 weighed fish, about 10 teams weighed 5 fish. Pretty much the same story for Sunday.  Primary bite was lindy rig and jigging.  Biggest fish for the two days was around 4.5 lbs., biggest two day catch (10 fish) was 22lbs.

Unfortunately, the fish were deeper than what a shore fisherperson could get at so take a boat, float tube or a powerful wrist rocket.

Thanks to Mauser (from here on Colorado Fisherman) and Chris for volunteering to run the weigh-in.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would also like to say thanks to you guys. Give the Scouts a big thankyou also for coming out. It looked like some of the boys had a fun time working with all the fish over the two days.

JT

·
Registered
410 Posts
About 30' down from full. Clear water and about 64-67 degrees. It is a little muddy up from middle island this past weekend. On the 13th it was still clear in that neck of the lake.

JT

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is still about 10-15 feet higher than this time last year.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Youth Team - David & Jeff Kooser"

Congrats! I bet your son is pumped!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, he took the plaque to school yesterday to show his friends. He was real bummer on Saturday, the start boat did not show up so we gave up slot 43 and did the start boat duties then we had to go in at 11:30 to set up the weigh station. By the time we got it set up and running, the water pump died and I had to go get new plugs for it so we only fished a few morning hours Saturday. We made a strong comeback on Sunday though.

I decided today to fish Big Mac, so we are going to try and retain out Youth title there and at Glendo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts