Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to the guys before they headed out yesterday. They are netting about 40 walleye a day which is good. Longest walleye was 30".

Will probably continue until early April.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Thank for the update!!

I always assumed they got way more than 40 a day.... you know what they say about assuming though lol.

One of these days I wanna volunteer so I can get insider info ;)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Riv, If you get a chance to volunteer, do. It's a pretty cool experience!

Went twice this week, CC is having a great year thus far, Chatty has been SLOW! They said Pueblo is in the middle so far.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Talked to the ranger at Chatfield yesterday.... They were having such bad luck they pulled almost all of the nets and took them to Aurora.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Talked to the ranger at Chatfield yesterday.... They were having such bad luck they pulled almost all of the nets and took them to Aurora.
Ricky, did they say what the problem is? Have they already spawned out, not ready yet or just nothing showing up at the nets?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Ricky, did they say what the problem is? Have they already spawned out, not ready yet or just nothing showing up at the nets?
Nothing showing up in the nets, he described it as the dead sea and told us we should go fish down south. lol

They might bring the nets back at a later date though so still gotta keep the 100' from the dam through April 15th or whatever it is... though there were a few shore fisherman fishing the dam.. they parked up top and walked down since the N. ramp is closed.

Water temp was 45-48 degrees... surprised me that the main lake was a couple degrees warmer than down south.... must be some cold water coming in the river :/

Guess i'll throw down my report in this thread lol Me and FistFullaFish fished from 7am - 1pm ish.. I managed one bite and 1 fish ... a 14" largemouth on a Yum Money Minnow ..... Luke managed 1 bite and 1 fish as well.. his was an 18" Walleye(Released) on a bladed jig.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
I suspect a large wave of fish have already spawned. I've been out there most days since mid last week and it is definitely different this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts