Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me-last couple of times down to Pueblo the flies come out about 10 AM and start biting exposed skin. I know I can suck it up but these guys bite like deer flies and hurt.

Don't like wearing deet because fish really don't like that odor and your gonna get it on your hands and lures.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Repel Lemon Eucalyptus has a funky odor and is a bit oily but works very well against biting flies. No DEET in the formula.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I use DEET all the time. Hasn't hurt my catch ratio any. Oh and I use sunscreen also- I think the fish like PABA-

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
skin so soft really works well against flies if you're scared of deet

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
How do you know it hasn't hurt your catch ratio if you use it all the time. :)

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
How do you know it hasn't hurt your catch ratio if you use it all the time. :)
I know these things-:cool: Actually I mis-spoke. I use DEET whenever the flies are bad. My catch rate is the same when using or not using.

And many many times at 11-mile ice fishing( and you know how 11-mile can be) oUT THERE FISHING SEVERAL HOURS NOT A TOUCH PUT THE SUNSCREEN ON AND wham fish-on! Its happened waaaay too may times to be a farce.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yes, those flies SUCK. We had the SUP boards on the river yesterday and they wouldn't leave me alone...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Its always in mid to late July when they get bad on plebs. Def sucks....my last two trips out there had a few flies in the boat each time. Biting bastards...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts