Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greg and I took our boats down to PLO yesterday. The bite had been good last week and I was really needing a day on the lake.

It was a miserable day!!! It was suppose to be 70 degrees and never came close. Total white caps on the lake all day and the water temp was only 45. Less than what had been reported? I spent most of the day slabbing some humps I like that are protected from the wind. Greg fought his way to Turkey Creek only to ice??. It was truly a miserable day and to my memory my first PLO skunk ever. Still good to get out though! So much for weather reports, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Ahh, the dreaded PLO skunk.....Been there done that this year. Thanks for the update Neal. Maybe by Late December some of the coves will be safe to ice.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Saw a decent amount of ice out there when i was hunting recently. That stuff is definitely ugly after the past week of high temps. Will be a while before there's any safe ice, if any at all. Need a super cold snap....we usually get one or two a year.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
the good thing about pueblo is you can boat fish all year most years. I think that 2002 the n.marina was ice bound for 2 weeks and 2015 the whole lake was iced for 1 week. so 3 weeks out of 13 years you couldn't put a boat on it aint bad. most years it is ice free from peck creek to the dam and the walleyes and smallies are willing to tug your string

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Bluff walls usually give up some fish even when the temps get down in the 30's.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bluff walls usually give up some fish even when the temps get down in the 30's.
The gillies were on the bite today. They were stacked up on rocky shorelines and took worm nibbles readily, 12-16' down. Saturday the water was 48. I was surprised today when it was 44. Looking forward to eating those fish a lot more than I am to cleaning them. The slabs had all but abandoned ship from their last locations. The pictured one came at dusk and that was all I saw of them.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts