Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we planed to lindy rig today, my friend showed up with his boat 20 min late. then i backed him down the ramp and we got past the marina store when the water got to the front of the boat, no plug in the hole, he runs up to get the trailor, 10 minutes later the water is drained and plug is now where it belongs. he backs me down and off the trailor, but i can't start the motor. the wind blows me crossways to ramp. one guy can't get it through his head that i am not under power. he wakes up at last and pulls his boat back up the ramp and another gentleman takes the rope i threw to him and got me to the dock. my friend gets in and knows the secrete the motor starts right up and away we go like a streak of molasses in jan. 40 hp, we get where we are going to fish and i notice there is no trolling motor and the boat won't idle on the 40. we set up a drift, the wind is just right. on the first drift we caught 3 eyes and 3 spots. went back to the starting place and the wind quit and the fish quit. only 1 more eye was caught, all were in the 17 plus range, none over 18

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
We've all had days when it all goes wrong. That run of bad luck will turn around and you'll load the boat next time. Gotta get down there.

At least you got into some fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts