Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Saturday at sunrise only caught 1 bass only got it about 10 ft from the boat then lost it. Caught it on a rattletrap while graphing fish. Tried salt craws, curly tail jigs in pumpkin no luck. Boat traffic kick in around 9:30 left the lake to nap at the camp site then pulled the kids in a tube around the lake. To the 2 guys bass fishing on the south side out on the west side of the lake sorry I didn't realize I got that close to you. Thanks for not fliping me off.

Fished Saturday night nothing.

Slept in Sunday went to Rocky Ford to Hunt Doves no luck there didn't wait for the evening flight. Back Pueblo SWA to finish the hunt couple of pass shots, but no real action.

Went back to fishing later that night good wind from the south east caught 4 small wiper (wind = wiper?) on ultra light along the points just outside the North Marina. Using 1/8 silver cast masters Left the lake about 9:00PM.

Still lokking for the big fish "D" caught.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts
did you pick up some of those rocky ford cantalopes i some last week and they were the best i had had in years

sounds like a good week end a lttle hunting and a little fishing works for me
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Ther are some really nice catfish and carp in Pueblo. I have caught quite a few out of there over the years. I expect the flathead catfish state record to fall again from there this year.
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
look on the pictures link of colorado fisherman there is a channel cat on there that breaks the state record I believe ...the state record is like 33lbs and the one on the pics page is 36lb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
I also fished Pueblo last weekend. Fished most of the night Sunday night and a few hours Monday morning. Caught 3 cats, a 1 lb, 6 lb and 8 lb (according to my rusty old scales). caught them all at night in shallow water on chicken livers and dead shad.  There were lots of boats on the water even at night. Heard about a dozen shotgun blasts at sunrise, it sounded pretty slow for dove hunting. I felt sorry for those poor guys, we limited out by 8:30 am on saturday! Overall it was a great weekend! I'm trying to post a couple pics, hopefully it works.
good luck
JT


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
welcome to the forum justin, those are some nice looking cats. I'm not a big dove person but they look like a nice bunch there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts
is it just me or did the pics go awol?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,755 Posts
roadkill said:
is it just me or did the pics go awol?
It's just you. :) The pics come through O.K.

Sometimes I will pull up a message and the pics don't come through. I don't know why. Then another time I can look at the same message and the pics do show up. 95% of the time they are fine, I don't know what happens with the other 5%.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts
probly my firewall/router it gets touchy some times they are still little red X's for me thanks though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts
atleast im not alone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts
well the picture gods must have heard me whinning cause they just came thru after my last post how bout you dan?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
NICE!!

How'd them catfish taste with the birds?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
the cats tasted great! battered 'em up and fried 'em! trout and salmon are OK but you've got to love some warm water fillets. my favorite. haven't eaten the dove yet but I'm sure they'll be tasty too. catman: caught them on chicken liver and dead shad that I caught that night with my cast net. I also caught a skinny 18" rainbow on a dead shad but I let it go...just didn't seem worth keeping when I already had a couple of cats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice job looks like you had a lot better shooting than we did. I'm glad somebody had some good hunting. I guess I'll have to wait for Pheasant season.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top