Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone. Just wanted to throw this up since it had not been talked about. Fountain Valley Bass Club is hosting a Midnight Open Team Event on Pueblo Reservoir on 16 Aug. This basically takes the place of the Rocky Mountain Team Series that shut down this year. Should be a great time! Water is up, and the shad are hatching hard already!

Event Flyer:
http://www.active.com//irismail/view_event_attachment.cfm?evt=2126082&aid=56029&h=4F92A0C6F0ED6047918462648F901101

FVBC Website:
http://www.fountainvalleybassclub.com/
http://fountainvalleybassclub.com/doc/FVBC_Toury_rules.pdf
http://fountainvalleybassclub.com/doc/FVBC_entry_Form.pdf

Entry is $120 per boat. Big Bass is $20 per boat, in addition to entry (big bass is optional, but has a 100% payout). 1st place payout with 25 boats is $1000, and climbs with each additional entry.

Some things to keep in mind. Visit the FVBC website and view the rules, minimum requirements for aeration, insurance and safety equipment. Permits have been pulled this is an official event. Not something just thrown together.

Day of entry is allowed but early entry is highly encouraged!

If you have any questions pm me or respond to the posting.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any word of how many boats have been signed up?
I'm not for sure right now. But if its like the RMTS event most will sign up day of.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh dont get soft on us now! I know that place is dangerous during the summer. But last year with RMTS there were little to none pleasure boaters out there on the main lake running around. Besides being tied up in the back of coves...

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
No I fished a nite derby there on the 26th and had one bite by 130am. Ended up having a decent bag but it's brutal fishing all nite if you are not getting bit. Not sure it could get any worse though I guess...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Was the payout good for the 26th night derby? I missed that one. I have been to pueblo only a few times this year but for a one night shoot out and 25 boats and if I catch big fish and win I get 1500!!? That's a good weeks work, let alone one night. Plus I get to do something I enjoy? Sounds like a great deal to me. Thanks df

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
It was a DBM club event with 18 boats and modest payouts. If this one can get 25 boats or better I will def. have to fish.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get the word out. We should be able to get that and then some! I posted it here, Fish Explorer as well as Bass Boat Central. Seems to be alot of views but not so many folks commenting yet. If anyone needs any contact info let me know.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Should be more than a few boats coming down from Denver but I'm sure they/we will likely register at the ramp.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dont forget about the open tomorrow! This is a nonmembership event. Meaning you do not have to have a FLW or BASS membership to fish! Check the webpage links so that you make sure all the rules are understood. Hope to see a bunch of you all out there!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not bad, 21 boats. 800 for first place. Big fish brought in 380. Paid four places and had a poker chip draw for 100$ for the folks that stayed around for the weigh ins. FVBC will be doing it again next year as well.
Fishing was tough again though.
One boat actually had a rattlesnake work its way up onto it somehow! They pulled early with the dead snake on hand for the individuals at the boat check point.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
8lbs and change for the win big fish was a 4.04 Smallmouth. Excellent job running the Tx kudos to FVBC

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys, just a heads up. Rumor has it if its not snowing (the way the weather is cooling at night already), we will be trying to do another overnighter in Oct. I will let you know more when its verified!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts