Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished pueblo with a buddy fri evening landed 6 spots and 3 wiper

went east to nee gronde on sat landed 5 crappie 5 eyes and approx 30 wipers

4 of the eyes were 16"-19"

crappie were 12"-14"

wipers were 12"-17"

first time fishing nee gronde in a boat it was a good time we kept the crappie and the keeper eyes and released all the wiper

fished spinney today we landed approx 30 bows all 14"-18" nothing big all on calibatis patterns

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
did you see the coloradofisherman.com on the side of the truck

i took the kids for a while to neegronda to see how many people were out there
we were parked on top of the big boat ramp

was hoping to see if some one saw the truck
this weekend

yea that lake as been spitting out alot of crappie this past week
glad to hear that you slayed them

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt see your vehicle we docked the boat on the east ramp but we fished on then northwest end of the lake we left around 230 300 pm just before the whitecaps started quite a few boats on the water sat everyone was catching wipers

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
im looking to get back to negronde soon, any general pointers on the crappie there?

·
Registered
391 Posts
What were you using for the saugeye and crappie?Thinking about heading down there again this week.I hammerd the wipers last time but had a hard time finding the saugeyes.Thanks

lyn

·
Registered
107 Posts
Roadkill, although it has been 2 years since I have been to NeeGronde, since it has lost the least water, my tips should hopefully pay off. The northeast corner of the lake is where some fantastic structure was and there was plenty more out deeper that should still be submerger. I threw 1/8 or 1/16 ounce jig heads depending on how tough the wind was in all the cover wading in chest waders. You can really sneak around out there and pick up alot of fish. Once I found a pattern where the fish were holding and willing to bite, I would make a slow walk through the area and catch what I can. Then I would go back to base camp and have a soda or water and sandwich and start again. By the time I would work an area and an hour or two went by and then started over again, new fish had moved in and I was able to fish the most productive areas on the move. Caught some bonus large mouths, walleyes and wipers to so look out for super light line. I learned the hard way as 4 pound mono lost a few nicer fish so might bump up to 6.
Craig

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the crappie and eyes were caught casting twisters 1/8 ounce plain head with chart twister body we fished the west side of the lake just south of the private boat ramp in 10-20 feet of water using a trolling motor and the breeze to fish the tops of the trees that are submerged there there are tons of submerged trees that you cannot see until you are right on top of them the fish finder helps out a lot you can locate fish hanging around the brush we never anchored or tossed out a buoy when we found the crappie and that probably cost us a bunch of fish the eyes were caught same way we lost alot of jigs we caught all those wipers while fishing for crappie and eyes lots of guys we trolling rattle traps and picking up wipers bottom line if you can catch one crappie mark your spot then just fish that area hard and slow!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice,thanks ropethrower.I was there in mid May and caught a lot of wipers but nothing else,I think I'll head back this week for a mixed bag this time.

lyn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts