Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after my ice adventure on Christmas Eve at the Dream Stream I figured I would give Pueblo a try. I've never been down there before, so I wanted to take a peek. Got a late start with a flat tire on the way down, but arrived about noon. Fished in unbelivable 70 degree temps but without success. Water looked good but no activity? I talked with a fellow who fishes there regularly and he noted that he also had not had a bite all day, did not see any bug activity, nor had he talked with anyone who had? I guess I may have to try the "hard water" thing pretty soon, as the flowing stuff is not doing it for me the last couple trips. Anyone else doing anything with the tailwaters currently?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Seen a couple caught yesturday there but mostly on spin tackle and bait.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Where did you fish Whadley? What was the water temp? I hear that jigging by the dam works this time of year. I'm going down there tomorrow with my boat to see if there is any activity.

Epic--Did you shop at Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday, monday?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Methiolate Man said:
Epic--Did you shop at Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday, monday?
Yeah I had to buy wax worms (they were out) and some fishing line so 40$ and a pack of meal worms later I was out the door. :p
(forgot the fishing line)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
MMan-I think he was talking about the river below the dam, not the lake. By the way, I'll be down there tomorrow too so if you see a blue Lowe, stop and say hi.

ePiC-Sportmans isn't gonna be able to keep that store open if you don't open up your wallet. Isn't it nice to have a bigger fishing store in the Springs.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Kirbydog,

I'm thinking about taking my boat down to Pueblo too, only on 12-28-05 (Wed.).

How is the water? ... how did you do fishing? What ramp did you use?

Mac

F

·
0 Posts
Sportsmans warehouse will have NO problem staying open as long as I keep going in there! I go to look and I'm either buying new barrels for rifles or a couple hundred dollars worth of fishing gear. Thats okay, gift certificates from Christmas are about to support my bad habit. The warehouse is the devil with a halo! ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts