Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
The dam at chatty is really shallow for a long ways out so floaters always worked better for me...I am talking out past the tower going east plus the rocks are foot size and move...I dont bother with that area any longer...the rocks in the boat ramp cove are deeper and do contain walleyes, trout and smallies at times...

I know the Pueblo dam is deeper but I have never done the walk the rocks there...sorry thats about all I got...

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
The dam at chatty is really shallow for a long ways out so floaters always worked better for me...I am talking out past the tower going east plus the rocks are foot size and move...I dont bother with that area any longer...the rocks in the boat ramp cove are deeper and do contain walleyes, trout and smallies at times...

I know the Pueblo dam is deeper but I have never done the walk the rocks there...sorry thats about all I got...
I actually did pretty good this summer off the dam at chatty.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Oh I have caught fish there...it or was shallow for a long ways...not condusive to suspending rogues unless you want to donate a bunch...I have caught eyes out there using floaters...so what did you use and what did you catch?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Has it changed? Used to be you couldn't walk down any of the dam rocks at Pueblo-even had a gate on both sides to deny access.
There's a big sign at the gate that says you're allowed to fish off the dam...

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Did you have much in the way with snagging problems...probably not with top hook storm swim baits...even floating rapalas you had to be really careful and go slow with the rocks sticks and other snags...of the umpteen rip rap dam faces I have walked chatty is my least favorite over the years...

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Did you have much in the way with snagging problems...probably not with top hook storm swim baits...even floating rapalas you had to be really careful and go slow with the rocks sticks and other snags...of the umpteen rip rap dam faces I have walked chatty is my least favorite over the years...
I had a lot of success with xraps but I got sick of losing them. So, I switched to the storm swimbaits which are a lot cheaper. Once I did that, I snagged a lot less. But when I did, it wasn't as painful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.