Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Awesome screen shots!! just wondering how you know the fish species?? Do you use an underwater camera?? Or are you just making an educated guess about the species of the fish??

Just asking because i am new to sonar.. I still have a difficult time distinguishing between sticks/weeds/baitfish/fish/interference/ect... Much less being able to tell what species of stick it is LOL

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Good stuff rite there. I put that new V2.5 software on all my units and now my down scan went away. Do you happen to have the previous software version?
What unit are you running? We can digress to a previous version or troubleshoot why down scan went away. I loaded 2.5 on my units and have not experienced any issues.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Awesome screen shots!! just wondering how you know the fish species?? Do you use an underwater camera?? Or are you just making an educated guess about the species of the fish??

Just asking because i am new to sonar.. I still have a difficult time distinguishing between sticks/weeds/baitfish/fish/interference/ect... Much less being able to tell what species of stick it is LOL
PM sent

·
Registered
16,819 Posts
I still have a difficult time distinguishing between sticks/weeds/baitfish/fish/interference/ect... Much less being able to tell what species of stick it is LOL
If you get a fish its a fish. If you get snagged its a stick-

Pretty easy, really-:D

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Good stuff! Why not go faster if you are just mapping?
To get bottom composition you need to be going less than 6mph. Vegetation 12mph and contours only 20mph.

I map for composition so I need to go slower.

All major retailers have them priced about the same. Some of the rebates (Elite series) expire the 21st. HDS rebates expire June 15th.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
To get bottom composition you need to be going less than 6mph. Vegetation 12mph and contours only 20mph.

I map for composition so I need to go slower.

All major retailers have them priced about the same. Some of the rebates (Elite series) expire the 21st. HDS rebates expire June 15th.
Good to know. I figured there had to be a reason for the slow speed.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts