Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much of one really. If you are headed down there this weekend here is what i found yesterday. Water is 47-48 degree's most places. I did find some that was 52 degree's up shallow on the north side. There were some bass in there. I fished from the dam all the way down to Turkey Creek.

Walleye seem to be in a post spawn kind of funk? Caught a few shorts and had a bunch of light biters. Just couldn't find them bunched up in their regular haunts? The wind was from the NE and East all day and was a huge pain in the ass!!!! It should warm up quickly now that some stable weather is headed our way.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Was down yesterday and found the same. Was too windy to fish soft plastics so I threw a spinnerbait-got one smallie and a bunch of follows where they would veer off at the boat. He had that milky white coloring so they are just now moving up.

Lake is still about 2 wks away from good fishing (for bass anyway). Pueblo is always one of the last lakes to turn on. But every spring I keep trying to hurry up the calendar. :)

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
that's normal this time of year, as much water there is the thing to do is forget all you know about the lake and fish like it is new water. snap to it Neal

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fished hard all day yesterday and it was tough again. The wind is really getting old, lol. I ended up with two keeper eye's and my best PLO smallie ever snap jigging. Found some 53 degree water yesterday!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Good looking fish-headed down tomorrow-not expecting alot but I need to get out.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Well i havent been out but I talked to Hobie last night...Pueblo has kinda been on fire for him last Wednesday out of his toon he got 21 inch and 30 inch walleyes during daylight hours plus shorts...and on the weekend (I think Sunday) out of Jeff's Ranger they got 6 solid keeper walleyes in the 19 to 20 inch range and 4 more they could of kept that he said they were right at 18 for a 10 fish limit plus shorts...so don't follow the gulls...follow Hobie!...he sounded good...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Well i havent been out but I talked to Hobie last night...Pueblo has kinda been on fire for him last Wednesday out of his toon he got 21 inch and 30 inch walleyes during daylight hours plus shorts...and on the weekend (I think Sunday) out of Jeff's Ranger they got 6 solid keeper walleyes in the 19 to 20 inch range and 4 more they could of kept that he said they were right at 18 for a 10 fish limit plus shorts...so don't follow the gulls...follow Hobie!...he sounded good...
A Hobie sighting, NICE!

Glad he is doing well.

Miss his reports.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
From Hobie...bwahahahaha...he was talking about his 10 year old duct taped flip phone having issues!...sorry I didnt ask...he has instant credibility...seldom have I seen him have problems catching fish...he has more spots than 10,000 leopards...and no I didnt ask him where on the lake...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Its not the cred factor, just want to see a 30" eye.
I always suspected that there are more 30" class walleye in Pueblo than reported online. Not that it matters to me. Too far and too close at the same time... :biggrin1:

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
One would think so, being Plo is so big and deep and full of food.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
One would think so, being Plo is so big and deep and full of food.
That's what I'm thinking. The same conditions that grow giant wipers should also grow giant walleyes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts