Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pueblo reservoir is fishing extremely well right now. Was on the water at about 630 a.m. and fished till about 330. spent the first 2 1/2 hours fishing nothing but a top water bait. Must've caught about 20 bass, mostly Smallmouths, a few spots and one largemouth. Decent fish with the largest topping out at 17 1/2". Moved onto few other spots for the rest of the day and switched over to jigs, crank baits and jerk baits. Windblown main lake points seemed to be the key fish holding areas. Started to really catch a lot of fish on just a plain 1/8 ounce jig head with a 3" Berkley grub. Lots of walleyes up to 21 inches and I lost track of how many bass I caught. I caught quite a few dink bass, but did catch a lot between 12 and 16 inches. Water temps were anywhere from 70 to 73°. The lake is really full right now however I did not get an accurate measurement of that.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Good looking fish and a great report. I was down today and found much the same. Even got some walleye and spots on a tailspinner-thought I'd give them something they don't see much.

This has been a great spring and with a constant water level and lots of submerged brush there should be a great bass spawn.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was really looking for a Bass Fix over the weekend. Kev and I fished Creek on Saturday with good results numbers wise, but only 1 keeper. I love fishing P Town and have not been down there since February.. The top water bite was really great in the morning. I was into them on my second cast. Cloud cover till about 8:30 kept it good and even after till 9:00 I was still catching them on top, including the 17.5"er..

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Nice report! Nice feesh too

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Good report. I went out for half a day on Friday and had a lt of fun also. I caught a bunch trolling but they were all shorts, so I went to one of my humps and limited out in only an hour. Fishing has been great this year!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice catches!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like a nice day fishing. I need to find some fish like that on Pueblo. I caught 7 eyes, 8 bass and a crappie Sunday. Ill be back at it tomorrow hopefully with bigger fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts