Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally figuring out Pueblo res. Went down Friday night and tried casting Raps, Kastmastersspinners, jigging,and every other thing in our boxes with no luck. My son who is 8 slept pretty much the whole night but by buddys son (whos 10) fished with us until 2 am. He kept gett'n snagged so we set him up with a lighted bobber and a worm about 6 feet down, in 15 ft. of water and lo and behold, he starts catching Wipers!! So of course being the good Dads that we are we pushed him outta the way (kidding,kinda) and rigged up exactly the we way we rigged him, casting right in the same hole and we started catching wipers, not huge, maybe 15 - 18" but it was a blast. Had good luck between middle island and the old boat ramp.
Next day caught a few Wallys in the same place using a spinner with a worm and ripp'n through the weeds in about 13ft. of water in the middle of the day! Add a few bass to that along the rock faces and all in all it was a good trip.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Excellent! Sounds like the kids will surely remember that trip!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, Buddy of mine and I went in on this boat to get our kids off the playstation and outside, we've been out prob. 10 times with them this year already and they love it. Growing up in Northern Michigan it was easy too get outside, thats all we did, ;D but growing up here in godforsaken Colorado Springs its up too us too get them outside and on the lake.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Good report I've been waiting here about some wiper from pueblo. Maybe the lake will turn on hot in the next couple of weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts