Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a rare day off yesterday and couldn't think of a thing to do with myself. Went to Pueblo and got in the water by about 0930. Pretty quickly got an 18" keeper eye and then the next cast was a nice smallmouth(around 16"). Thought it was gonna be an epic day, but that was it for hours. Moved to a different area and finally got a pretty nice spot and two casts later walloped a 24" male walleye. Worked my butt off for 'em. I was pounding the wind beaten shore with a sink tip line and the usual white meat whistle. I've got a crappy pic (was getting dark) and don't feel like re-sizing it right now, so maybe later.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Nice!! I am headed down on Sunday to fish for bass.... Hope we can manage a few!!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Was down a few days ago. Fishing was steady with 15 or so eyes caught and six or seven lost or missed. Guess I'm a little rusty. Also one Large Mouth. Nice day out. Been catching some cats also. I'd go again tomorrow, but with winds predicted at 25 to 35 miles an hour and gusts over 50...no thanks.

Going to miss some good fishing days here coming up. Leaving for Naples and then the Keys in twelve days.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's the only way I've ever caught a walleye... I guess smallmouth, spotted bass and wiper as well. It took quite a few trips to figure it out, but I'm a very persistent stubborn sort. Looking forward to some of those 30-40 fish days just around the corner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts