Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good photo of a "live" Pueblo Reservoir Crawdad.
Going out on a limb here, but if anyone has one this is the place.

Worst case, I guess I buy a trap and capture a few myself.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
553 Posts
i have a trap you can use if you want
I learned last summer talking to a gentleman at bear creek that you can leave traps out for craws overnight AS LONG as its marked with your information and CID number. Id do it but in sure some dickhead eye fishin would mess with it.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Find some rocks at ptown...tie a raw chicken leg to some heavy string and toss it out...wait about ten minutes and pull it in...we got hundreds a few years back that way at atown...

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I learned last summer talking to a gentleman at bear creek that you can leave traps out for craws overnight AS LONG as its marked with your information and CID number. Id do it but in sure some dickhead eye fishin would mess with it.

i have never traped in the lake, if i want crawdads i trap in the river below the dam and it only takes about an hour to fill a trap

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
I always check them out, if there not labeled, there mine.
Im no eye fisherman, but i im a dickhead.

·
Registered
315 Posts
They look a lot different under the water than they do out of it. The colors are just different and most times are more vibrant underwater. When you see them diving the claws usually appear bright blue. Just my observations.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Find some rocks at ptown...tie a raw chicken leg to some heavy string and toss it out...wait about ten minutes and pull it in...we got hundreds a few years back that way at atown...
On a side note, cant use a trap on atown, but the chicken leg is fair game.:smile:

·
Registered
59 Posts
On a side note, cant use a trap on atown, but the chicken leg is fair game.:smile:
You gotta be f'ing kidding me?? No traps on A town?
I live a mile from there and trapping was half the reason I bought a boat.
I looked at the regs and didn't see anything about not being able to use them.
I'm not doubting you but would really like to see it in the regs.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
You gotta be f'ing kidding me?? No traps on A town?
I live a mile from there and trapping was half the reason I bought a boat.
I looked at the regs and didn't see anything about not being able to use them.
I'm not doubting you but would really like to see it in the regs.
https://www.auroragov.org/cs/groups/public/documents/document/004025.pdf

Top of page 13

"6275. Fish Retaining Devices. Nets, seines, traps, pots or other retaining devices which obstruct the free passage of fish, crustaceans (crayfish, crawdads) and amphibia (frogs, salamanders), are prohibited, unless authorized in writing by the Director of Parks and Open Space. This prohibition applies to but is not limited to bait fish (minnows, bluegill, carp, sunfish, hybrid sunfish, shad, sculpin, suckers, and spottail shiners)."

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks. That really sucks though. There's no fish in there to eat those damn things anyway!!

In the link it says something about obtaining written permission from the open space director. Will they issue a permit and if so, how do you go about getting one?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts