Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will anyone be at Pueblo Reservoir this wesnesday the 29th? Goona give it a shot for the first time this year. Anyone had any luck there yet?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'll be there Thursday if the weather holds up. Sorry I'll miss you! Post a report for me when you get back!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I was there Saturday and Sunday (3/25,26). The wind was from the east,,,, until it turned to the west about 9:30 am Sunday, the east wind was better, at least you could fish in the east wind.

The walleye spawn was reported to be in full swing, a difficult time for walleye fishing, the water was 41-44 degrees, too cold for wipers. I saw some shore fisherman drag a rainbow or two out, we were not after rainbows.

How do I say it, oh yeah,,,,, skkkkunnnkkkked.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A friend of mine who is an avid walleye fisherman called me this afternoon and they caught 9 walleye today using minnios on a lindy rig in about 20 ft of water 1 foot off of the bottom. No keepers though. They found a small school at the entance to skiers cove along the rock wall.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Dan,

I had plenty of good excuses last weekend, (east wind, cold water, walleye spawn, high wind...), no need to pull the big gun excuse. I save that Zman curse excuse for times when everything seems perfect and I still get skunked.

Ter

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was wondering what the water level is there. I have been trying to find information on any websites for lake levels and temps. I'm planning a trip down there in a couple of weeks and I need to know how to adjust my map. It says normal water elevations is 4500..I was wondering what it is now. Any inof would be greatly apreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts