Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys-

I have searched for 3 days now, so I thought I would just come out and ask the experts.

Last week I fished John Martin. My topo map said that the map was drawn with the water level at 3851'. I used the following website USGS Current Conditions for USGS 07130000 JOHN MARTIN RESERVOIR AT CADDOA, CO to see the current water elevation level (3821', at that time).....so it was simple I subtracted 30' from all the numbers on the map and I knew where I was and had an awesome time.

I am trying to do the same trick for the Pueblo Reservoir. I cannot for the life of me find the current water elevation published about Pueblo. Could someone please be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
d

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Mid island is about 18 feet under. Find a known point and subtract off your topo map.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is in a sticky here:

Hydromet Map

Here's Pueblo specifically:
Pueblo Reservoir Info

Daily Reservoir Data as of 05/28/2020:
Pool Elevation is 4877.4 Feet
Reservoir Storage is 232531. Acre-Feet
Reservoir is 72.0 % Full*
Reservoir Flood Control Pool is filled 0.0 %

If it is a Reclamation Dam Hydromet or www.usbr.gov are your best places to get info.

Army Corps is a bit different and Colorado is split among different districts.
Arkansas River Basin

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you earplug. Thing is, first I'm trying to build that knowledge of "known points". Until that time I need another point of reference.

Thank you Scyry!!!!!! Just what the Dr. ordered ;)
That is the very page that I obtained the info about J Mart. P.S. for those that want to know. The crappie and white bass bite is in full swing at J Mart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts