Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally going to fish tomorrow, first time here in Colorado. I wanted to go to Rampart but the Ranger Station said it's a mile hike in ice and snow, that excludes it from my idea of a folding chair, some beer and hopefully a fish or two. That leaves Pueblo by default, I'll be spin casting from the shore. Anyone have any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Right now fishing in Pueblo is very difficult for most species. That said, some trout can be had on spinners and the likes on the northwest corner. Walleye from shore are tough right now during the day, but you might find one that will eat.

You might want to try 11 mile for trout.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Finally going to fish tomorrow, first time here in Colorado. I wanted to go to Rampart but the Ranger Station said it's a mile hike in ice and snow, that excludes it from my idea of a folding chair, some beer and hopefully a fish or two. That leaves Pueblo by default, I'll be spin casting from the shore. Anyone have any recommendations?

Go to Rampart, do the mile hike in to Rainbow Cove...trail is mostly clear, not much ice or snow at all.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Be careful of the nets that they have out for walleyes. They are marked with bouys in a line......the DOW doesn't like picking lures out of their nets. The res is tough right now and generally isn't good for trout and other species that hit spin gear. You may want to try the tailwater below the reservoir or 11mile like oyey said.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, 11 mile it is! I'm in the Springs so it's a similar drive as Pueblo and looks a hell of a lot more beautiful.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
If you're just looking to get into fish and catch a buzz while looking at pretty ****.... Go to Tarryall instead of 11 mile. Easy fishing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're just looking to get into fish and catch a buzz while looking at pretty ****.... Go to Tarryall instead of 11 mile. Easy fishing.

LOL, I'm hoping to catch some fish. Just trying to keep my expectations low considering I haven't fished in many years. 11 mile looks promising as I'd like to eat some fish if I catch it. Anyway, I'll be driving a ridiculously bright red Ram 1500, if anyone is out there please feel free to come say hello.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
LOL, I'm hoping to catch some fish. Just trying to keep my expectations low considering I haven't fished in many years. 11 mile looks promising as I'd like to eat some fish if I catch it. Anyway, I'll be driving a ridiculously bright red Ram 1500, if anyone is out there please feel free to come say hello.
I'd rather say hello to you at your bar, danny.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
UH HUH!!! Tank, I bet if you PM Johnny he would give you some great tips!!! Good luck!!!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Alright Danny. I'm gonna educate you on a few things when it comes to troll names and soc accounts.

Do you know how I was able to evade all of don's bannings? Proxy servers and disposable yahoo/gmail/hotmail accounts. This was a great attempt at fooling us, but you need to learn to cloak your IP address better. There's lots of free sites for proxy servers, just do a google search. Try again!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Alrighty then. But that's but that's not me. My ego would not allow me to make a trolll account. I want credit for pissing people off. Troll accounts are your style, not mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feel the love here...

Caught one, just right at 16". Went decent fried in butter with garlic and creole seasoning.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

its not a tough mile. fat filter as I read someone so eloquently write it.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts