Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The only thing we found biting today, was this Pueblo Rock Bass. Using Slabs, and Texas Rig plastics. Spent most of our time around Shiprock, Peck, etc. Water is beautifully clear, with temps. hovering around the 38 degree mark.
Knew fishing would be tough, but had to get out and play with my new Terrova w/I-Pilot, and I got to tell you that it was a joy to work with. It was a calm day on the water, so we'll see how things go with more wind and practice, but I got to tell you CFer's that even though I know it's an expensive part of the boat, it's worth the price, especially if you fish by your self alot.
Just one question though, with this 80 lbs. of thrust from a 24v system, what should my top speed be pulling a 17' deep V aluminum boat through the water?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hey..that is almost a master angler though!! :D

D.J.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Jeez man. No respect....try not to roll it in the dirt next time you take a pic. Makes for a better pic and helps preserve the slime coat.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
And maybe you shouldn't use the treble hook and use a a single barbless hook!!! Your gonna kill the rock and trash the precious land scape! Vital forage lives under that rock! I hope you threw it back!

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
MMMMMM....tasty rock bass.... I tend to catch a lot of grass bass. Personally, I think rock bass fight better than grass bass. :D

Out on a lake, on a boat, in the early part of March....shoot, I'll take it...rock bass included!

Good on ya, and enjoy that Ipilot, I hear they're pretty sick!

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
[qJust one question though, with this 80 lbs. of thrust from a 24v system, what should my top speed be pulling a 17' deep V aluminum boat through the water?
[/quote]

Al with mine i can get just over 3mph on a setting of 10

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hey catfish_al,

Good to see you coming out of hibernation.

Congrats on the new motor. Make sure you pick up some planer boards, if you don't already have them, so you can protect that high dollar shaft ;)

My boat is probably a bit lighter than your's & it's a half foot shorter. My top speed is approx 3.7mph with an 80lb.

FISHAH0LIC

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Maybe this is the fish species the Spear-fishermen could target in P-lo??? Just a thought.. ;) :D

Funny thread!

D.J.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Several variables will affect your top speed. Some boats are a little wider than others and of course overall weight is big factor. But like many of the other estimates I'd say somewhere between 2.8 - 3.2 mph top speed on calm water.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Nice, I've caught several of those, though I loose most close to the boat.. I may be miss informed, but I think it is rockon or in your case, judging by the picture, a rockcaught.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts