Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw on the news that the south marina launching ramp is closed due to high water. the north marina ramp will remain open, but it could take an hour to wait in line to launch and recover your boat.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
When I was leaving there last night one of the inspectors was talking about it. Saw quite a few boats having a hard time launching and recovering in the high water. I'm sure glad the yak is easy to launch from shore if need be. The north marina will be a zoo on the weekends and a good part of the week as well...

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
This would be a great time to open the ramp at mid island and do inspections there until the water drops. Take some of the pressure off.

It may be that this ramp is also under water and not usable.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The SWA ramps would be quickly overrun with trailers i bet, hardly any parking out there. It might be a good weekend to launch the kayak...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Launched at Pueblo at 6 30 am, not too busy, tons of crap in the water. Took my mom out so anything other than trolling was out of the question, managed 2 keepers out of 8 eyes and 4 small bass. Loaded up about 1 30 pm. Marina ramp had so much crap washed up in there could damn near walk on it, Traffic was starting to get hectic, glad I got out when I did. Was nice to get mom out one last time before she heads back to Wisconsin. Will definitely give the place a break for a while though.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I went out yesterday.....we got rocked by some weather so it was a short one....but i managed to get a wiper and a couple bass.

Surprisingly been doing well with wiper this year.

But mainly I am here to tell you guys to forget about pueblo on weekends for a bit lol. We launched and there is barely any boat ramp left at the north shore.

With 7K cfs running in the Ark from florence and only 4500 coming out at the tailwater, it's only a small matter of time before that ramp is also unusable....unless they let more water out. I scoped out the dam for a quick minute and it's only about 8ft from overflowing. With that water coming in, it will probably only be a few days before the dam is spilling. There are mass debris in the water and you really cant go fast on the lake right now.

The loading and unloading of boats is going to be a complete clusterf#%k unless they change the location of the inspection station. People can't even turn around to back their boat in without basically driving into the inspection lanes. It will take years to load and unload. People will have to wait for others to get inspected and leave in order to launch LOL....I can't imagine even attempting to put your boat on the water on a weekend unless the inspection area changes or the water recedes. Combine these details with weekend warrior retards who let their wives attempt to back in the boat/trailer....and you have massively fun times haha. But at least we are getting some desperately needed water in CO right now. Thumbsup

·
Registered
592 Posts
Man, I hope Pueblo spills, I'd love to see that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts