Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ramp closed last Thur, won't be open until sometime after 3/15.

The north ramp does not offer alot of room to square your boat before backing down. Like last year you'll have to go up into the parking lot on bigger boats.

Inspection guy said they expect to add another 3 ft by 3/15 but the north ramp should stay open.

Saw a girl on the north shoreline by the dam get arrested by two policeman. I could hear her talking on her phone that cops were coming.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I assume this is for high water, but haven't been out to see the volume in a few weeks. High water is good, except when it's that high, it means massive flows before runoff which will be lame for the river...

·
Registered
406 Posts
drove by the lake yesterday and water is super high for this time of year I was wondering if they would close the south ramp... I guess they did!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Not closed for repairs but due to high water. Honestly, there is enough of the ramp left that boats could still launch-guess they're being super careful.

When I got down by the dam water looked to be about 6 ft from going over the top. Don't know why they don't let some water out now. Gonna be plenty of water for CS.

Also heard they are enlarging Brush Hollow-anybody have any info on this?

Oh, almost forgot-they put 5000 cutthroat trout in yesterday at the north marina. All of them 10".

·
Registered
636 Posts
@ Kirbydog,

Thank you for your wonderful fishing report. :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
i wonder if itll be worth dragging the yaks down this weekend? my yaking buddies on fb have been skunked even dudes who swear they never get skunked there!

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
i wonder if itll be worth dragging the yaks down this weekend? my yaking buddies on fb have been skunked even dudes who swear they never get skunked there!
Drag minnows on 3/8 jig heads in 35-65 ft of water this time of year.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I have caught fish the last two times down slabbing 1 oz spoons in 40-60 feet. My friend Pat also got a 18 lb channel cat doing the same thing.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Doesn't a guide kinda shoot himself in the foot by telling everybody how/where to catch fish?
I don't think he has anything to worry about. Lots of people could even have the GPS coordinates, lure size/color and still screw it up. Having the other skills and knowledge to put it all together consistently is the secret.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Yeah, I get that... still would be worried about a bunch of numb-nuts dragging the fish I make my living from out of 50 feet of water then having them die because said numb-nuts have no idea about caring for/releasing an under sized fish with the air bladder coming out of their mouths... no offense intended.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Yeah, I get that... still would be worried about a bunch of numb-nuts dragging the fish I make my living from out of 50 feet of water then having them die because said numb-nuts have no idea about caring for/releasing an under sized fish with the air bladder coming out of their mouths... no offense intended
That happens regardless. Gotta hope someone sees it and educates them.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Yeah, I get that... still would be worried about a bunch of numb-nuts dragging the fish I make my living from out of 50 feet of water then having them die because said numb-nuts have no idea about caring for/releasing an under sized fish with the air bladder coming out of their mouths... no offense intended.
Whatever-

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You keep giving out info like that and everybody will be catching fish.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What?!?!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts