Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four of us fished with six rods from the North Shore. 7:30-11
We were catching fish until the wind changed direction around 9:30.
Ended up with six Wipers, All on worms off the bottom.
Bite was dainty, fish were small.
Didn't know Cormaorants flew in formation like Geese.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
earplug were u fishing by the north marina where u can drive down or in the cove i havent caught wiper in a couple weeks and would like to get into some do u think its worth the drive for a day from denver

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a North Shore fishing access point that is off the main road to the North Marina.
Have to walk down the cliff slope to a little cove area.
There is a little trail that leads down the slope next to the bathroom.
Please pack out your trash.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
how is the water level is it going down, stable or is it coming back up yet?

did you get a surface temp while you were there?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
catmann29 said:
Are the shad still running?
i think they just swim they havent evolved to running this millenium.....J/K

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i can move pretty quick when i falling down the side of a mountain but stopping sucks

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Temp is (was) 67-70 last Friday. Shad are balled up but the shad hatch is not nearly as prolific as years past.

C

·
0 Posts
Time to get the throw nets out! What are the size of the shad? If they are 6" and up I can put them in jars for springtime channel action!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
are the balled up shad close to shore ( like in cast net range) or would i need to bring a boat. i wouldnt mind loading up on shad to freeze for bait might work good for the tigers when i run out of suckers

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not very good odds trying to get some from shore. At night maybe when you can locate them with a light, they will jump out of the water at least when there's a ton of them like a season ago, haven't seen anything close to that this year.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
From what I hear 6 wipers out of pueblo is a good day this year. When the wind changes it pushes bait fish so the wipers move to follow them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts