Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the boat out Wednesday night for the last night trip of the year. Another 2-3 feet of water and the big stuff on shore is going to start to float.

It was very windy when we put in at 4PM and the bite was off on the west end with only 1 SMB by 6:30. The wind settled down to a perfect breeze and we connected with the wallies. Boated 32 with 3 keepers.

Did the vampire thing from shore last night (Friday). Very calm but the fish were cooperative. I landed 23 with 4 keepers. The big "keeper" is still swimming. She had a massive head.

The jerkbait on Wednesday was a Ricky Clunn saltwater pattern and last night was an Avocado Rogue. They liked it twitched with regularity - not too interested in the long pauses.

Hope you can get out while the bite is so good as I've seen in so many posts.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm thinking about going tonight and actually trying spin gear. I've never caught a walleye on anything but flies, but have never hit one at night. Thinking they might like something noisier than flies at night. If I do, I have quite a few lures I've pulled out of trees and floating in the lake over the last couple of years plus lots of lures from the old days. If I don't go tonight then I'll be there for sure tomorrow in the toon. I've always loved fishing, but walleyes get my blood pumping just a little bit differently.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neal - going to try slabbing from the boat tomorrow during the day - along with some blades. Surface temp seems to be right around 49.

Naknek - were you flyfishing late one night off the point at Juniper Breaks in the NSM cove one night this fall? I was on my boat cruising the shoreline when I saw someone casting a fly line. Clouser minnows I believe. Was that you?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Colorado... No, wasn't me. I'm usually found in a couple of different parts of the lake in a yellow belly boat. More frequently, from now on, I will be in an orange pontoon.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Neal - going to try slabbing from the boat tomorrow during the day - along with some blades. Surface temp seems to be right around 49.

Naknek - were you flyfishing late one night off the point at Juniper Breaks in the NSM cove one night this fall? I was on my boat cruising the shoreline when I saw someone casting a fly line. Clouser minnows I believe. Was that you?
I am finally starting to see some fish on the channel sides and humps in 35 to 50 feet of water.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Good report and some nice fish. Went today and it was like summer (well almost).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pueblo

Buddy and I are going to try in a big boat tomorrow for the first time. I've only tried around the marina and towards Juniper in a personal pontoon a few times. Any advice other than this thread would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be launching at 8AM tomorrow in a white Lund Pro Sport. If you see me somewhere, swing by and I'll let you know what's working (if I have anything figured out).

·
Registered
41 Posts
What a day!

I'll be launching at 8AM tomorrow in a white Lund Pro Sport. If you see me somewhere, swing by and I'll let you know what's working (if I have anything figured out).
Thanks for the advice. Wish the wind would have held off tho. We just made around the marina point when the big gust hit! Tumble weeds blowing over our heads going thru the no wake zone. Saw walleye in the underwater camera where we met you but no bites.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts