Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another good day on the lake. Water temp was 72-74 and the water seemed clearer than last week. Caught some bigger fish today and all the bigger smallies and spots were spitting up crawfish on the way in. Surprised me that they were eating crawfish with all the shad in the lake but have always heard its a better food source for bulking up. :)

Boat traffic was minimal but I do wish people would get their boats up on plane and not leave a gigantic wake. Lake has come down some in the past weeks and shiprock is now 4-5 ft above the water, still can't see mid island.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
good report Ed I just came by there today and the river is running strong as well as the ditch. the lake is very high for this time of year. they are working on the hydro electric plant below the dam now, they might have to let some water out before they get to the nov. 15th shut down to winter flow or just keep the river running strong all winter

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Nice report. I was skunked night fishing out of N-1 cove with the kayak. I was pulling cranks.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Thanks for the report!! Will be down there on Sunday trying to find some bass. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts