Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since Byron's down temporarily. Hit Pueblo a couple of days ago. Water level is as high as I've ever seen it. Great day..no wind at all. Fished from eleven to six. Only saw three boats go by on the lake. Water temps were 47..48. Eight walleyes, four between 18 and 20 inches..They came home for dinner.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the water levels stay up, it should be a great year. So many great old spots opening up that I haven't been able to fish in years. Makes for a much bigger lake.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Thanks for the update Hobie! You fishing in places where there are no nets.. or before the nets were out?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
No nets..Just a couple rocky points. All males juicing. The walleye spawn all over the lake..
I heard that nets are on the Dam and on some of the points at Pueblo. Obviously not all the points though lol

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, remember the nets aren't out during the day. Heard from the inspector that a 32 incher died in the nets on Tuesday. Casualty of the spawn.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
man, sucks to lose that fish!!! Nice catches, hobie. I agree on the nets, but they are still there, just not "out"... super tough to fish around them.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nice catches Hobie. I'm with you I like that place when fullest lots more pockets and coves to fish esp from a yak or toon.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Nice catches. Net's shouldn't affect ya much during the day. They put those mofos pretty shallow...they will jack you during night fishing.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Nice catch Hobie!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
That's gonna eat well! :thumb: High water levels has been good for the lakes I fish. Fish are more healthy and recruitment for future "crops" looks good. Some lakes are more challenging to fish though.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
nice catch Dave, I hope to get my boat back soon. I love seeing the lake so full and in the day time the nets are no problem, they start pulling them about 7 AM and put them out about 5 PM from just west or the north marina to the dam and the full length of the dam and west to the south marina. that's only about 4 miles of the lake shore, that leaves about 30 miles of shore you can fish. just watch for the bouys at each end of the nets. the nets are up to 400 feet long. Dave's right the eyes spawn all over the lake.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Nice job there hobie!!! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts