Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With this unusually warm weather this new years, do you all think the feed may begin earlier this year, and if so when, and what signs or? should I be looking for to determine how to rig up, or realize I'm too early?

What and where would be best for me to look....before I go?temp/water flow etc, and my initial plan (since I have an old lake bottom map) is to work the west end by the inlet, as I like the underwater structures and rip/rap areas.

If you were to make sure you don't miss it, when would be your first excursion down there, end of March or ??? Feb. I'd rather be early than late.
If there's someone on this forum you all think would be trustworthy to join me (weekdays only) I hate weekend warriors on the lake, and large cross waves, PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
the dow starts taking the spawn on the 15 of march. it is way to early now. we went out today just because it was so nice out, no fish were harmed, we found a few near the dam but they wouldn't go.a friend caught 1 short eye and a short smb. prime time here is mid apr till late june.

·
Registered
433 Posts
All I know is the ice fishing close to home SUCKS! Well at least I got the boat maintenance done. Well except for the trailer bearings, that's later this week.

*¿* Bud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts