Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard from a friend. they went fishing a few days ago, the weather was nice and the fish were biting, so they stayed out a bit longer and got to the ramp about 4:30 they pulled out and the inspection was closed. fast forward to last weekend they went fishing again. they got to the ramp before 8:00 they did not have a wire tag to put in the box so they wrote a note and put it in the box telling what happened and went fishing. the wind came up and they cut it short and came in. there was a note on their windshield saying the rangers wanted to talk to them. the rangers came and told them that they launched to early and they gave them a ticket that cost $50.00 dollars because they didn't get inspected. if you don't have a wire tag you have to wait till they open the inspection station. lets not give them any extra money to waste

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Pretty simple rule! If you haven't been inspected you can't launch till 8 AM when they open. You can bet there are going to be a bunch of dumbasses who get fined and risk the ramp being closed this winter.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Lucky the rangers didn't go looking for them. My buddy launched at Chatty last year and had the wrong color paper (I think it was Pueblo ) and they went out on the lake to find him and give him a ticket!

I can't even imagine trying a hand written note! Lmao. Though I have seen some interesting things written in the tag/log book at chatty.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Really I am not sure it is worth launching before 8 am? I was out three days last week and it is fricking cold at sun up!!! I did a half day for a client and the poor guy was miserable until about 8 am. The fishing has been better later in the day anyway once the water warms back over 50 degrees. This cold stretch is going to drive the bite deeper probably?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
4 pm seems early for the inspection guys to go home-wish the hours were 9-5. You could always launch early with the pre-inspection anyway. But nobody asked me.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Agreed. I was down there today and mentioned this to the inspection guy but nobody asked for his opinion either.

·
Registered
592 Posts
lmao! That's like parking illegally and leaving a note that says "please don't write me a ticket, I'll be right back"...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
wow a hand written note...lol did they sign it Epstein's mother?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Mike-It's time you got a real boat, as much as you fish.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
$50 is way to cheap for that fine if the state is serious about the ANS program. (Which I know they really aren’t).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts