Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the lake level is 4880 only 3 feet from full pool, the ice is forming fast, four days ago it was almost to turkey creek with 3 nights of under zero cold i am sure it has moved down and with light wind it will form fast. some days there is a lot of floating logs. fishing has been fair to good but you have to hunt for fish that will bite. the river is running real low as of dec. 30th. when they electro fished the river they found some very big trout, over 24 inches

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Good info Byron. Last year the north marina ramp closed for awhile when the water got too high-looks like that might happen again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone headed onto the lake this weekend? I just moved here, and my six year old and I are twitching at the hopes of getting our lines wet... However, we are boatless and have no idea where/how to fish the reservoir at this (let alone any) time of year.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Like I mentioned in your find a partner post... Hit up Walleyeseeker or ItsaBigone by PM... they have forgot more about Pueblo Res than most on here will ever know.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I get a guide permit every year for Chatfield just in case the water gets so high they have to close the ramps like two years ago at Pueblo. Early spring before all the skiers show up is the only time I will fish Chatfield. I guess it will all depend on what kind of snowpack we get in Arkansas drainage this winter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts