Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught 43 walleyes (2 keepers), 2 wipers (5lbs and 10lbs) and 1 bass. Yes Pueblo. Wipers sure are fighters. Wipers were highlight of the day. Hope more people catch and release wipers. Twenty fish limit for wipers seems absurd. I must say though that's about the only species I'll catch and release. I do enjoy eating my catch. More importantly was learning about fishing - where to find fish at different times of year, which techniques to use and when, etc. Paying for a guide is much more than just catching fish also paying for knowledge and Neal is willing to share. Trip was well worth it and enjoyed b.s.ing about fishing and hunting. This was my third trip. Neal remembers me because I'm his only customer to bring a port-a-potty on the boat for his wife. Fishing picked up with hot 98 degree weather in afternoon but only when wind was blowing. Have pics but don't know how to post here.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
good report, Neal and Kelly are good people very friendly and knowledgeable. Neal spends many hours on the lake to make sure that his fisherman get a good trip, and shares his knowledge of walleyes. I also like to release the big wipers, however I will take 1 of about 3 lbs. as I like to eat small wipers but as far as I am concerned the limit is one about 20 inches . to my way of thinking, if you want to catch a lot of fish to keep. don't go to pueblo. go out to JM or blue and fill your cooler with white bass and cats

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Great report WhoB! We were down there with Neal Sunday and had a great day and had a blast. I haven't been there for over 15 years and learned a bunch from the trip. Yes Neal and Kelly are good people, great adviser of the trade and true to the sport! Viva Pueblo!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts