Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the mighty P-Lo this last weekend, fishing was awesome to say the least. Ended the trip by having having all of our fishing rods/reels stolen out of the boat on the docks. 8 in total including a G Loomis set up worth about $400.

By the way flicker shad trolling was the hot tip:)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen. I don't go to Pueblo on the weekends anymore.

At least the fishing was good.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
also never fish alone or have someone watch your boat, I have done that several times for the fishing types, the other kind can go take a flying leap

·
Registered
112 Posts
also never fish alone or have someone watch your boat, I have done that several times for the fishing types, the other kind can go take a flying leap
Thieves are horrible people. I fish with old stuff out of an old boat with nothing aboard that calls attention to itself, and there is an advantage to that, although there is always someone that wants even the low end stuff. The joys of the summer crowd...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Wow, that really sucks!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. People can be serious assholes.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My II Cents

Sorry man.

Thieves, crooks, felons, murders etc. We all know the system is a failure.

IMO after they serve the time or do the crime we take pieces of fingers at finger joints. That way it's easy to tell how bad a person they are. The more finger joints, fingers missing , you get the idea.

In other words mark them for all to see instead of letting them cover up their true selves.

Rant Over.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
That sucks, I have tied up my boat many times to park the truck and never really expected an issue... Granted I don't do that at busy boat docks, and I usually am only gone about a minute. By the way your post was worded( "our" ) I'm assuming this didn't happen while your boat was on the water?

·
Registered
740 Posts
What a shame, I didn't think that would happen at the dock but I guess I am pretty naive in thinking that. I fish solo mostly and just got a boat this year; hope I can find someone trustworthy at the dock to keep an eye on my boat.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I have left my boat at the dock when fishing alone for 20+ years without anything being stolen. I have tons of equipment and it's in plain sight. I always worry about it, and I rush tog get back in sight of the boat as quick as possible (much easier in south marina).

Sucks to hear your stuff got ripped... it only takes one ******* to ruin stuff.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am truly sorry to hear about your equipment being stolen. The world is much worse today than when I was younger. I have lockable rod storage now and everything worth taking is locked away including my depth finders I even have my kicker chained to the transome loops. I keep the keys with me when getting the truck and trailer. It won't stop a real hard core thef, but it stops the quick snatch and run types. Now that I have the terrova I can anchor out from the dock and then bring it in with the remote and load the boat.
I hope you have insurance that cover the lose.
Thanks for the fishing report.
CH

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Actually, COtroller is correct about insurance. If you have homeowners insurance and you filed a police report (you can still file one if you have not), you have a claim. Most deductibles for theft are low enough where it's worth making a claim.

·
Registered
688 Posts
That sucks !!! A couple months ago I lost ten plano boxes that were stuffed full out of my boat in my back yard. The good news.....LET THE SHOPPING BEGIN !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Just a thought-the marina may have cameras aimed at where your boat was docked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For some reason I haven't had great luck down in Pueblo, except for small mouth around the shore. Where and what are the best ways to find the wiper and walleye down there?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts