Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I don't get on the forum as much as I used to. I have a 5 year old grandson who keeps me running. We watch him 4 days a week and it wears me out! Last year, at 4 years old he caught 7 walleye on Chatfield! Very cool. Gramps was pretty proud.

But, to my question. Anyone been on Pueblo recently? I am thinking of taking him down there for a day this weekend, but didn't want to make the long drive if the walleye are in the pre-spawn doldrums.

Any reports appreciated.

And, have a great, safe year on the water.

·
Registered
101 Posts
We are heading down this weekend and chasing the eyes and wipers. Haven't fished there this year but based on previous years the walleyes and wipers usually are very active right about now. Bottom bouncers work best for walleyes and the wipers will hit anything that looks like a fish once you find them in the coves. I hope to have a nice video for everyone next week.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Klein, thanks. Wasn’t sure it was open for boating yet. Good luck and thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
We are heading down this weekend and chasing the eyes and wipers. Haven't fished there this year but based on previous years the walleyes and wipers usually are very active right about now. Bottom bouncers work best for walleyes and the wipers will hit anything that looks like a fish once you find them in the coves. I hope to have a nice video for everyone next week.
If you want some company let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts