Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seeing how full Pueblo is, I dug up some pics from twenty five years back or so...quite the difference. Got a couple hundred of them...Here's a few. Just some pics of pics..

North East corner of the dam.

North marina boat house.

Northeast corner of the dam

Turkey Creek

Midway Island

Just West of Midway

The Gravel Pits

Shipwreck Rock

·
Registered
592 Posts
Wow, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I remember those days... My dad worked for an electric company when the dam was being built. He has some crazy old pictures of the area when it was being built. Good stuff... there is some gold in those pics too... just gotta pay attention!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Show the ones with the dinosaurs walking around in the shallows Hobie!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't see any dinosaurs..but at the time we could have got a good house...cheap.. overlooking the lake.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Didn't see any dinosaurs..but at the time we could have got a good house...cheap.. overlooking the lake.

Shouldn't it have been preserved as a site of historical and archeological value? Cool pic/find for sure!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Recovered a butt load of anchors and Rapalas off ship wreck island that year. :cool:

Crazy to see the bottom of what we trolled while picking up walleyes. Then a year or so later there was an incredible shad die-off.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shouldn't it have been preserved as a site of historical and archeological value? Cool pic/find for sure!
Haha...Yeah AO..That's a pic from Hovenweep..west of Cortez..If that would have been Pueblo..We wouldn't have a reservoir.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Haha...Yeah AO..That's a pic from Hovenweep..west of Cortez..If that would have been Pueblo..We wouldn't have a reservoir.

You got me good... :lol:

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
those were the good old days, most days you could catch 15-20 wipers and 40-60 eyes and be off the water by noon. and if you fished nights, on a good night you could land 200 walleyes and not a keeper. sure was fun when the wipers started busting all around the boat at midnight and you would cast to the noise.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts