Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Pueblo res Fri & Sat. Water Temp around 54.Trolled North side of Res past weedy popint that comes out into the lake. Caught 4 nice fat bows using a rainbow spinnr w/ a worm, 1-1.5 mph. I also caught a real nice slab trolling in 50ft. of water with a hammered nicker spinner w a crawler! At dusk we went too the left side of the dam on the rocks, caught 5 walleyes with a 1/8 oz jig and a minnow or leech. We used a flashlight and could see alot of eyes until midnight or so, wally's seemed kinda spooked by the boat. Best luck we had was by drifting about 30' from the rocks and casting a jig up right on shore and swimming it back, bouncing off the rocks. Biggest fish was 21", threw them all back. We had alot of fun and there was only 1 other boat on the lake that we saw. Tried a bottom bouncer along the rocks but it was hard too keep the rig from snagging up on the rocks. Good Luck maybe i'll see some of ya down there eh!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the post - gr8 information. sounds like you had fun for sure. I guess the wind had calmed a lot from what it had been during the day. Looked like good surfing waves during the day. I can't wait to get out again. Soon

·
Registered
227 Posts
New to the area and hit up pueblo today. Nothing at all but did manage to tow in 2 people in 2 different boats. I guess theres a learning curve t this part of the country. Any help or ride alongs would be appreciated.
Chris
USAF Academy
DOD

90 Nitro

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
coloradoman25 said:
New to the area and hit up pueblo today.  Nothing at all but did manage to tow in 2 people in 2 different boats.  I guess theres a learning curve t this part of the country.  Any help or ride alongs would be appreciated.
Chris
USAF Academy
DOD

90 Nitro

You should fish the north marina walls with small 2inch tubes Green pumpkin on a 1/8oz jighead....i've done very well in tournaments there fishing that way.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Awesome report. That's the best news I heard all year. Great job.

Did the wallys still have eggs/fertilizer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts