Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna put my boat on Granby tomorrow for my first time ever and could use some advice.

I'm primarily going for lakers, but have no experience. I've got downriggers and all the appropriate trolling gear, so I'm thinking of trolling. Any help with location, depth, and lure selection would be most appreciated. Also, I understand deep water jigging with tube jigs is effective as well. Is white 4" jigs with sucker meat the preferred bait?

If there are any hot patterns for rainbows or kokanee, I'd love to hear about them as well.

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I'm sounding a lot like a broken record. :)

However, I would start off trolling, in 40-90 feet of water, along the north shoreline of Arapahoe bay, from Columbine bay, east to the two big rocks (you will know them when you see them) and on up to the Osprey nesting area (a rocky point). Watch for the fish on your fish finder and put your down riggers down to that depth. I would tip spoons (3" Silver and red or Silver and Bue)or jointed Rapalas with a small piece of sucker meat so as not to ruin the action. You can also try around dike 3, deer island, harvey island, pump station, and the stillwater/marina area. If you see some fish on structure at any of those locations, stop and jig (yeah a tube 3-4 " white tipped with sucker) for them especially if your not getting much trolling. But you will. Give us a report.

Terre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts