Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I wasn't going to post this up..but decided what the hell, right? :D

Went down yesterday to fish the local Arkansas river...the area was along the famous "wall" of Pueblo (stupid wall at that). I only fished for around 45min, the wind chill was a little cool for me, but it was a worthy 45mins! So normally I fish the river with the long rod, but I recently bought a couple HD's to see what all the hype is about? So I arrive at the river around 11am, spitting snow, and breezy...perfect trout fishing conditions! Tie up the HD, and proceeded to cast behind one of the many fish improvement structures; first cast, slam...it wasn't that large of a fish...but still, for the first cast I was pretty happy. Then I moved down to fish one of the better spots in that area, good choice. Not to long afterward, since the river is so low & clear, I saw a fish swing on the HD that was easily 18in.. Unfortunately I did not hook up with the dude though! :mad: Few cast later though, fish on! It was a nice Bow around 17in..spawning female (yes, contrary to the belief of our former regional biologist..the trout here have a pretty decent natural reproduction cycle). Snapped a picture, and sent her on her way. Not a few cast later, another fish on! This one was around 16in...beautiful pink & red color (sorry, no pic of this girl). After that I fished about another 10mins..had
one other hook up..but never saw the fish. All in all...a decent 45mins of fishing..and I'm really happy with the first time fishing an HD!!!

Thanks for reading...tight lines!

D.J.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anteroman said:
DJ,

Excuse my ignorance....what's an HD? The only HD I'm familiar with is a spinner bait by Mepps?

Thank you,
Bill
Haha..no problem man.. They are a jerkbait made by Dynamic Lure Company here in Colorado. Seem to be real amazing fish catchers! http://www.dynamiclures.com/hdtrout.htm

And yeah elkdeerbear, you should sometime...it really is an awesome river to fish (at times haha).

D.J.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Great report DJ!...you should of thrown some rapalas sor Rogues for a side by side comparison...although you did say you nly had 45 minutes...nevermind...

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anteroman said:
Thanks for that, I ordered a 1/2 dozen in three colors.
Bill
:D :D I guess I'm a sales person now.. I hope they are listening, and I'll get a free lure or something?!?

walleye seeker said:
good jod DJ wont be long till you can chase the yellow eyes
I cannot wait for the Eyes Byron...proly be trying here in the next couple days.

HobieNugget said:
Great report DJ!...you should of thrown some rapalas sor Rogues for a side by side comparison...although you did say you nly had 45 minutes...nevermind...
I know..I wanted to try that! Since my bro doesn't have HD's...I'll let him try the other brands. ;) :D

D.J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts