Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Kansas it was killer!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 1/2 Day total 45 birds!! Saw over 400 birds! Man it was a blast!!

The House

My Dog she was ready!!

One of Many fields loaded with ROOSTERS!!

Another field.

1st Days killing.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Them are funny looking bass!...Wow that place has nothing on the bates motel...move over south dakota looks like there is a new sheriff in town...what is the limit for Kansas anyway?...

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Cool thats where I use to hunt . This old biker lived in Atwwod and would put us up for years. He would drop us off at one end and pick us up at the other no walking back to the trucks ;D Around 2001 the hunting really went down hill around that area so we started trying around Russel and surrounding areas. Good to hear the hunting has improved over there.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Way to put a hurt on 'em! Looks like a lot of fun. Nice looking dog, too!

Scott

·
Registered
832 Posts
Very cool... I love the look of the GSPs. Speaking from experience, do as much training with her as early and often as possible! I look at my dog, and I did as much as I could with my limited time and space, and Jack has certainly been a great dog. But I wish I had done more early on.

I see things clicking with him the last couple of years that I wish he had picked up a lot earlier in his hunting career. He has gotten wise to birds that try to end run us, and now, when he gets birdy behind me, I pay attention.

Good luck, and I hope that she hunts with you for a long time to come!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ScottH said:
Very cool... I love the look of the GSPs. Speaking from experience, do as much training with her as early and often as possible! I look at my dog, and I did as much as I could with my limited time and space, and Jack has certainly been a great dog. But I wish I had done more early on.

I see things clicking with him the last couple of years that I wish he had picked up a lot earlier in his hunting career. He has gotten wise to birds that try to end run us, and now, when he gets birdy behind me, I pay attention.

Good luck, and I hope that she hunts with you for a long time to come!
ScottH, She is 4 years old I spent time once a day with her when she was a pup, NO BALL until she was knew what play time was and what work time was. Also Males are a little tuffer to train they are alway after one thing! ;) I have a male Brittany but he is 14 and retired. But from what I have learned from guides and people I talk to, females love to please there masters!! Dam what happen to woman? :D :D ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts