Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got to Reno yesterday....finally hit Pyramid today! I ended up getting the rio outbound short flyline, 6ips. Really glad I did because the beach I was fishing had a nice dropoff and floating line wouldn't have worked, at least for stripping streamers. I have been doing a ton of research and figured this spot would be good based on what I've read. I stayed there all day. Got there fairly early and started tossing a white bugger. Got one fairly quickly and then didn't get any til the sun started going down in the afternoon. Ended up getting three more before dusk. The second fish I caught was the biggest....I'm pretty stoked on it. The ranger pulled up to check my barbs and license and the big fish hit as soon as he got out of his truck so he had to watch me fight it for a while. Didn't weigh or measure it because he was waiting on me. Luckily he was nice and was willing to take a picture for me. Pretty awesome outing and it's only the first day. Still got two left. For those of you who aren't familiar with pyramid, these are Lahontan cutthroat. I had some water splash in my mouth and it tasted like the ocean-very salty.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Very cool. I've wanted to fish there for a while! did you take a ladder? lol

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Pretty bad ass man!
Well done and looking forward to the next reports. Hope you stick a 15lber+

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very cool. I've wanted to fish there for a while! did you take a ladder? lol
I borrowed one from my grandma. It was actually really nice to have especially with the big waves crashing into me. There are other benefits too

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Nice work...having a plan...working the plan and having success on day 1...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good chit, Whomp!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Those fish look awesome. Thanks for posting. I have wanted to go but haven't made it. I have type 6 or 7 sinking line. I also wonder if deep indicators might work with floating line (www.plumbobber.com). Hope your success continues on the additional days.

s

1 - 20 of 31 Posts