Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was my first day of fishing at pyramid for this trip. I started out throwing white wooly buggers. Didn't get any to bite but I had a legitimate monster follow my fly in. It would have dwarfed my pb laker which was 32.5 inches. The fish actually startled me when I saw it. After a while of trying streamers, I decided to throw a big spoon I had just purchased. Someone told me the water level went up like two feet since I was last here so the drop off where the fish cruise was much further out than before. I hoped that the big heavy spoon would allow me to cast further and get to the fish. For a while it was one after another on the spoon. After getting my fix with my spinning rod, I grabbed my swimbait rod and threw on a bbz1 6 inch. I ended up getting two on the bbz, one of which was the biggest of the day. It was truly and awesome day. I got into the low double digits, caught cutties on swimbaits and saw a beast from the deep. Hopefully I can get that pig to commit tomorrow. There were three guys fishing next to me using fly gear only. They were there all day and caught two fish total between the three of them. They just weren't able to get out as far as I could. Tomorrow I'm thinking about trying the eight inch bbz1 and a couple other swimbaits but I'm sure I'll keep rocking the spoon as well. I have been taking tons of regular and quadcopter video so once I get back home, I'll compile them and post them for everyone to see. Can't wait for tomorrow! Truly love this place!!!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried uploading my pics to photobucket but the site seems to be having issues so I used imageshack. Not ideal but it's the best i can do right now.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Very cool...

Try www.imgur.com it's the best photo hosting site I've found since PB went to ****

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't bleve that rainbow ate a BBZ jr.
Some of the people I was talking to were sort of saying that even for the big ones, the smaller swimbaits would work better. I was thinkinig along the same lines but if that little guy is willing to bite that, I'm sure the bigger ones would have no issues grabbing the eight inch. Probably gonna try the eight inch bbz1 today.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice, looks like you caught that bigger one right before closing time. Also looks flat calm with no clouds. Hopefully you can get a day where the weather turns to trash and the bite goes insane.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Caught a bunch more today. This time the flies were working along with the spoon. I was gonna fish the evening and night bite again but the wind started blowing in the wrong direction and stuff sort of turned off so I decided to get to sleep failty early so I can have a good start tomorrow morning. Nothing huge but lots of nice ones. Definitely had fun again. I'll be sure to post more stuff once the trip is over.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Sounds like a great trip!

For the photos, if you use tapatalk from your phone, you can easily upload directly to the site.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Dang sounds awesome! Cool fish

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Today was not my day. Fishing was hot but I caught a decent cutty (like 22in or so) and while I was taking video he struggled and knocked my phone in the water. Then, while I was driving to the marina, my back right tire popped. It was a huge PITA but I won't get into details. I was going to stay here another day or two but the people I'm staying with changed their plans so I have to leave tomorrow morning. I guess I could get a hotel or something but I kinda just feel like heading home at this point. Got a long drive ahead of me and now I need to pay for a new phone and tire. Maybe I'll fish one more day....either way, the trip was awesome. The average cutthroat here is like 21 inches wit seems. They were biting like crazy today. I was fishing next to a guy in a rowboat and we had double hookups several times. Lots of nice fish were caught. I'm just bummed because I lost all the pics and videos on my phone. Like I said, I had been taking lots of footy with the hopes of putting together a video for my new YouTube channel. I still have video on my iPad and quad but my phone had the vast majority of the content. I'll still probably make a video but it won't be as good. I'm definitely still glad I came out here, though. Now, I can get back to Colorado and concentrate on walleye and lakers. I've been thinking about bass a lot too, lately, so I'm thinking about spending some time down in Pueblo this spring. Regardless, pyramid lake is amazing and I can't wait to come back some day.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Stay out there! A couple of my fishing trips were filled with unfortunate events last year, I just had to tell myself in retrospect I'm still better off fishing even without the lost and/or broken equipment. Sucks you lost pics.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts